Boom J7 is the first smartphone in the boom series of tecno phones. The boom series is the line of tecno phones with good sound or music, it comes with a boom headset in the box for listening to music. So, for those music lovers out there this phone is for you. In this article we’ll be looking at Boom J7 specs, review, features and price, so stay tuned!
Also Check out: Tecno Boom J8 Review And Major Specs-Is It Worth Buying?
Tecno Boom J7 Review, Specs, Features and Price
Boom J7 key Features
- Camera: 8MP with LED flash Back camera, 2MP Front Camera
- Battery: 2020mAh lithium Battery
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 16GB Internal
- Display: 5.0″ 720p capacitive display
Tecno Boom J7 price
Related phone: Innjoo Max 3 Pro
Boom J7 review
Camera and display
This phone, according the specification given above packs an 8MP back or primary camera with LED flash and a 2MP camera at the front for taking selfies. In term of the display this Boom j7 features an outstanding 720 * 1280 FHD IPS display resolution which means that the colour and sharpness of the phone is very good.
Memory and performance
For speed and performance boom j7 has a quad-core MTK 1.3GHZ processor and a Mali 400MP2 GPU. This make your apps run fast during usage. For multi-tasking, 1Gb of Ram will help in running so many apps at same time, but be careful too much at one might slow down this phone. In most cases, 16GB internal storage will be enough to get you going in storing your musics, videos and other files, but if that is not enough you still have option to expand the memory with an external sd card.
Battery and Security
This phone is packed with a 2020mAh battery which supply power to the cpu and gpu and other components. With this you can get a fair battery life on daily usage. The phone does not feature any hardware security like fingerprint, but you can secure your device using the security options available in the android 4.4 KitKat that this phone came preinstalled with.
For me, what tecno could have done to make this phone better would have been to increase the battery capacity, 5mp camera would have been better as a front camera and lastly is the ram, with increase in software sophistication and size, 1gb ram will not be enough to handle some of those apps.
The next section shows all the specification of this phone.
Tecno Boom J7 Specifications In Details
- 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G: WCDMA 2100
- 4G: NO
- SIM CARD: Dual SIM
- Back/Primary: 8MP with LED flash
- Front/Secondary: 2MP
- Features: Geotagging, AutoFocus, Night mode, F2.2 aperture
- OS: Android 4.4 KitKat
- ChipSet: MTK
- Processor(CPU): 1.3GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 CPU, MediaTek MT6582 chipset, Mali-400MP2 G
- GPU: Mali-400MP2
- Type: IPS HD Capacitive touch screen
- Size: 5.0 inches
- Resolution: 1280 * 720p IPS HD
- Internal : 16GB
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- External: SD card up to 128GB
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 /b/g/n, Wifi hotspot
- Bluetooth: YES, 4.0
- GPS: YES, Glonas, GBD
- Radio: YES
- USB: Yes, Usb 2.0
- 3.5mm Headphone jack: Yes
- Weight: –
- Size: –
- Capacity: 2020 mAh lithium Battery
- Sensors: Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Gravity Sensor, gyroscope
- Messaging: SMS (Threaded View), MMS, E-MAIL, PUSH MAIL, IM
- Browser: Supports HTML5
- JAVA: No
- Music: MP3, MP2, OGG, AAC, M4A, AMR, FLAC, APE, MAV
- Video: AVI, MOV, TS, M2TS, RM/RMVB, FLV, 3GP, MPEG, DAT, MKV(XVID/px/H.264), MP4 (support to 1080P: 1920×1080)
- Picture: photo / Video editor
- Files: Document Viewer, file manager
More from Tecno:
Thats it on Tecno Boom J7 specs, features, review and price. Is this phone worth buying? Tell me what you think in the comment section below.